Monday, January 28, 2013

In Fancy

In fancy i can hear the silver back crow
On the trees near the bog where the  bog cotton grow
It's harsh caws come to me from the long ago
That old memories do linger happens to be so

Where the rill from the mountain ripples on it's way
To join the big river by night and by day
I grew to love Nature when i was a  boy
Nice memories of what was are mine to enjoy

The  little brown lark from the bracken did fly
To sing in the  clouds of the gray morning sky
When the soft winds of April from the mountains did blow
I only write here of a life i did know

I who drunk from the  clear waters of Tubrid's spring well
Of Nature i too have some stories to tell
The rhymes  that come to me on notepaper i pen down
Of the life that i knew of by far Millstreet Town

Of Nature we learn something new every day
We never stop learning it does seem this way
This rhyme came to me from a far away Spring
The great gift of memory is a beautiful thing

Good memories are all i have left to retain
Of a life for me that cannot be again
And few of me now perhaps of would know
In that far away place where the  bog cotton grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment