Monday, January 14, 2013

Perhaps I'll Never More

Perhaps i'll never more see Clara Mountain or Caherbarnagh and the Paps of Shrone
Or the deep lake in lonely Gortavehy locked in the shadows of the hill of stone
I've traveled far south of Sliabh Luachra and Duhallow where time has left me looking an aging man
Perhaps it will not be by the Boggeragh Ranges that i'm destined for to live  out my life span
Perhaps i'll never more see Cullen Village or walk on the West End of Millstreet Town
Or hear the robin sing in a Claraghatlea grove where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
No longer young the schoolboys of the fifties the  years have left them looking bald and gray
On looking back the Seasons went so quickly and time as ever keeps ticking away
Perhaps i'll never again see Rathmore or Gneeveguilla or visit the Village of Knocknagree
In such places today i'd feel a stranger where not one person would recognize me
The children i went to school with some are deceased and some like me are living far away
And some did live their lives in the home  parish and are the aging grandparents of today
Perhaps i'll never again see the Boggeragh Mountains or places where i used to live before my hair turned gray
On looking back the years did  go so quickly time does not wait as some are known to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment