Saturday, February 9, 2013

An Ordinary Rhymer

I never refer to myself as a poet
Nor should i be one worthy of literary note
Though i am one of those who has penned heaps of rhyme
In four decades of rhyming that is going back in time

Far apart in my thinking from some i have grown
As a good person i only wish to be known
So much truth in the  saying of live and let live
For to receive in life we must learn how to give

 I have loved our Earth Mother since i was a boy
And  learning of her ways today i enjoy
We will be learning from life till our life's final day
We never stop learning it does seem this way

To others i only wish to be more kind
And to pass judgement on them feel quite un-inclined
Of the feelings of others we ought to be more aware
Since they too have their crosses in life for to bear

The rhymes i do write do keep coming to me
But an ordinary rhymer is all i can be
I never refer to myself as a poet
Nor do i feel worthy of literary note.

No comments:

Post a Comment