Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Sort Of A Working Bio

When to the ways of the world i was young and green
I left Millstreet and went to live and work in New York when i was eighteen
The wanderlust was in me even as a younger man
But back then i was young and healthy and full of youthful elan

But after two to three years in the City of New York
I was feeling homesick for Millstreet County Cork
with my brother Neil in Claraghatlea i worked for some time
As well as felling trees in state owned woods that is how i spent my prime

Worked in the wood by Mushera felling spruce and pine trees
In late Winter and early Spring in temperatures of near zero degrees
The winds of rain blowing from the north-lands and snow on the higher ground
It was indeed a hard old way for to earn an honest pound

Worked in woods in Kilavullen and in west Cork in Reainaree
But in mid life the wanderlust was in me for others Lands to see
I headed off to England for Australia i was bound
To do a bit of travelling far south of my home ground

I am one who has worked one might say doing this and that
Worked for my friend Michael Kelleher on pipelines in Buninyong near Ballarat
Worker for awhile in Melbourne with a construction company known as C D L
It is not of successful career jobs that are mine of for to tell

Worked in construction and on cherry pickers  in the Yarra Ranges near high powered electric cables trimming back trees
Worked in all sorts of weather temperatures from very cool to a humid close to forty degrees
I worked in various other jobs the list could go on and on
But now that all behind me since my better days are gone

A sort of a working bio just that and nothing more
And time catching up on me i am six years with three score
In the Fall of my life's existence in South West Victoria's Koroit Town
Feeling lucky i was not born a horse since many old horses are put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment