Monday, April 1, 2013

I Am From

I am from the place of jackdaw, rook and gray crow
And dark brown river bird dipper with breast white as snow
And gray badger who leaves it's set in the fading twilight
To search for  food in the fields under the cloak of night

I am from the fields where the rushes do grow
Where Finnow from Gneeves to the Blackwater flow
There in view of old Clara my life's journey began
And from a young boy i grew into a man

But from there in sky miles i live far away
And there to many i would be a stranger today
It has been twenty seven years since i heard the robin sing
In the grove by my first home in the prime of the Spring

I am from the countryside by Clara Hill
And in my flights of fancy i can hear the rill
Babbling in the old fields swollen by recent rain
The memories of what was with me does remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment