Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I Have My Own Financial Worries

Though with you in your financial problems i have some sympathy to spare
I have my own financial worries and of them quite a share
If i die tomorrow the State to bury me may have to pay
But then i will be dead and past all cares anyway
With those born to be rhymers this is how life seems to be
Without financial rewards for your  efforts you live in poverty
Few writers become famous and well off financially
Penning rhymes can become addictive and this is how it is with me
I never call myself a poet since i am one who pens rhyme
And i have written reams of stuff in near to four decades in time
I really would like to help you but i have financial problems of my own
How it feels like to have heaps of money is something i have never known
Financially things for you may get better you are far younger than i
Since i live as a have not and as a have not i will die.

No comments:

Post a Comment