Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Life I Live

The life i live quite ordinary does lack in any glitter
But i feel happy with my lot i have no cause to feel bitter
Since millions are worse off than me and living it far tougher
Without a home and on the street can life be any rougher?

I have a home for to live in i have reason to feel contented
Though happiness for one like me surely was not invented
Not positive in any way since in self pity at times i do wallow
I have not changed that much at all since i lived in Duhallow

Lady luck is far kinder to me than she is to some others
Far kinder than the homeless at a young age forsaken by their fathers and mothers
The journey of life is tough on those who had a poor beginning
Few of those born into dire poverty do ever end up winning

For the poor homeless of the slums one only can feel pity
Born into extreme poverty the poorest of the city
Compared to them i have it good though i am far from wealthy
I have a home to live in and enough to eat and though aging fairly healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment