Monday, April 8, 2013

This Is How It Does Seem To Be

The things in life that does interest you do not interest me
Quite different in our ways of thinking on few things we seem to agree
But our different ways of thinking does make us more interesting as some have been known for  to say
No two are on the  same life's journey in life we  go on our own way
Than me you are four decades younger in your prime and full of  youthful elan
You have such great plans  for your future a  very ambitious  young man
In love and in your mid twenties with the woman who will be your  wife
But the flame of true love it can flicker some  loves do not have a long life
As for me i am well into my sixties my better days are in the  past
When i was  your age i too was ambitious but the will to succeed in life  in me did  not last
Some will tell you that you can be materially successful if this is what in life you do choose
But not everyone can be wealthy and famous for one to win many must lose
Years ago i like you was ambitious but now  i see things differently
As we age we lower our expectations this is how  it does seem to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment