Sunday, April 14, 2013

Where I Grew To Love Nature

It has been some five months with six years and a score
Since i last saw the road from Millstreet to Rathmore
And though in the past this is a good span of time
Even back then i was well past my life's prime

I have shed the last of my nostalgic tears
For old Claraghatlea of my younger years
When all else is lost the old  memories remain
And in fancy i walk in the old fields again

Where i grew to love Nature when i was a boy
And learning of her ways today i enjoy
From the  time we are born to our last night and  day
We never stop learning as some like to say

A stranger today to many i would meet
Where i was known to many in the Town of Millstreet
Though in my visualizations old Clara obscured in the gray fogs of rain
And brown stormwater gurgling in the roadside drain

It has been twenty six years since i last heard a cow
Lowing in a rushy field by the river Finnow
But we can only live in the now since the past it has gone
And the clock on our lives ever keeps ticking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment