Monday, June 3, 2013

I Live Far South Of There

I live Far south of there by sky many a mile
The place i was born and raised in i have not seen for somewhile
For twenty six years going on twenty seven in time quite a span
Just one of many who lives far from where their life's journey began
A boy of the fifties a long time ago
And time on my body has become the foe
Yet in my flights of fancy the breeding frogs croak in the drain
And the robin does sing in the wind and the rain
And the dark brown white breasted dipper in the river does sing
In the cool winds of March in the early Spring
And Nature's early wild flowers in old fields to be seen
And snowdrops were on the ditch of old bohreen
But only the memories with me now remain
Of a place that i may never visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment