Monday, June 17, 2013

The Warmth In Her Greeting

She was not a young beauty her hair silver gray
Yet her happy smile and cheerful hello brought some joy to my day
The stranger today that i met on the street
Nice people are always so nice for to meet

I like warm people of this i will not pretend
She greeted me as if i were an old friend
A passing stranger like me with great warmth she did greet
The charming aging woman untainted by conceit

Though her i am not likely to meet again
Good memories of her with me bound to remain
Perhaps in her early sixties she had such a nice face
A woman of charm and beauty and grace

Wherever her sort are joy is to be found
They carry it with them and spread it around
The warmth in her greeting such an uplifting thing
Some joy to my day she did help for to bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment