Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Like Most Other Migrants

Like most other migrants my past has followed me
And an aging bloke from Duhallow is  all i can be
I have been penning rhyme since  nineteen seventy three
Of time quite a span would you not agree
It has been awhile now six years with a score
Since i walked on the roadway that leads to Rathmore
To my first home in Claraghatlea a mile from Millstreet Town
Since  then on many streets i have walked  up and down
In Claraghatlea near Millstreet Town my first home-place
To many today there mine  would be a stranger's face
From the place where i first looked on the light of day
The bug of the wander did  lure me  away
From the silver tongued streams of the dappled brown trout
To the warmer clime of the sunny far south.

No comments:

Post a Comment