Thursday, August 29, 2013

Though I Am One

Though i am one  who has penned reams  of doggerel
Of my life  i do not have any great stories to tell
Of material or sporting success or being successful at anything
Though the praises of others in rhyme  i often do sing

People of empathy and compassion i greatly admire
And of singing their praises i never could tire
The  people who do their good deeds every day
And help poor people in need of helping without expecting pay

In life the fruits of the Karma we sow we receive
On such a philosophy i do believe
And in every good person good traits you will find
So blessed indeed are the caring and kind

And though my worth as a rhymer i have  reason to doubt
No shortage of things for me to write about
I have written reams of stuff in four decades of time
And the kind and compassionate always inspire me to rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment