Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What I Find So Enjoyable

Since i commenced writing rhyming stuff way back in my life's prime
Some four decades of years ago that does seem a long time
I have written near twelve thousand since a lot of rhyming stuff
For forty years a rhymer and for longer a rhyming buff
Since then a lot of things have happened and many Seasons gone
But to rhyming i remain addicted and i keep rhyming on
I have written longer and short rhymes and rhyming sonnets all easy for to write
Such stuff quite easy for to read and easy for to recite
I find rhyming quite enjoyable and it has served me well
I always feel happy in myself when penning doggerel
I used to daydream years ago that i might be a poet
Though i have not even become one of minor literary note
But what i find so enjoyable why should i wish to give away
And i hope i will be writing stuff on my life's final day
For rhyming makes me as happy as i can wish to be
And i will keep on doing the things that does bring joy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment