Thursday, September 5, 2013

I Used To Think That

I used to think that i would go back to Millstreet to grow old and die
But if i told you i feel this way today that would be a lie
In this great Southern Land i may live my last day
And it does not worry me where my remains will lay
The nostalgia i felt for Millstreet Town and countryside
With the passing of time in me all but has died
 I have grown to love this great Southern Land
Though my accent some do struggle to understand
And only the memories with me now remain
Of faces and  places i may not see again
Though the old  fields i loved i know would look the same
Most of them i recall had their own given name
The nostalgia i felt for Millstreet with me did not stay
And it may not be by Cashman's Hill my last remains will lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment