Saturday, October 12, 2013

I Cannot Complain

I cannot complain since life to me is fair
I breathe in the same air as the moneyed billionaire
I have more than enough of clean water to drink and i eat three meals a day
That i am rather lucky does seem fair to say
Every day poor people in drought stricken areas of malnutrition do die
When compared to them to say i am lucky is not telling a lie
And every day thousands of people from war zones do flee
I too could have been born to become a refugee
Though money-wise  i am not wealthy i am not in poverty
And millions of people are far worse off than me
I feel happy for life's small blessings so why should i complain
I have enough to live on and i have never known of hunger pain
And though the passing of time has left me balding and gray
I have no reason to feel unhappy since life treats me okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment