Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rhyming Is My Addiction

With words i am one who likes to have a play
And i do like to dabble in rhyme every day
Some tell me in rhyme i have said all one can say
And that maybe i ought to give rhyming away

But for years in me to pen rhyme there has been this need
So to their sort of advice i never pay much heed
And though my prime and my best years are in the long gone
For as long as i live i hope  for to rhyme on

My worth as a  rhymer i always do doubt
But every day for me new things to rhyme about
The poets do write poetry i am not a poet
Nor am i one worthy of literary note

And every day new  rhymes keep coming to me
Of people and life and the natural beauty i do see
A magpie is warbling on a  sunlit wattle tree
He is doing to him what does come naturally

And though some do tell me it is a great waste of time
I hope that i never do run out of rhyme
Since rhyming is my addiction and of it i will only be free
On the day i do die whenever that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment