Thursday, October 31, 2013

Since Last I Saw Them

Since last i saw them twenty seven years gone by
But on looking back on the past time does seem to fly
Like me time would have left them looking older and gray
My friends of the past where might they be today?
Perhaps some of them in Millstreet did choose for to stay
And like me from there some of them live further away
Amongst people i have known any two i could not name
Whose life journeys have been exactly the same
God memories of them are mine to recall
With them i socialized and played football
But some of the bigger World out there for me waiting to be seen
As the wise one did say the far of hills look green
They were my friends in the past of the past now  long gone
And life all around me as usual goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment