Sunday, October 27, 2013

Where I Used To Live

Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
Claraghatlea a mile by road west of Millstreet Town
But the passing of time has left me balder and gray
And to many there i would be a stranger today

In the early nineteen seventies when in my life's prime
I penned my first rhymes  there this is going back in time
Working in the old fields i loved i daydreamed i would be a poet
A person well worthy of literary note

But daydreams as is known do seldom come true
And from life we  receive what is only our due
And though the rhymes keep coming to me and on paper i pen them down
It is never for daydreams of wealth now or literary renown

But that penning of rhyme is quite enjoyable to me
I have a penning addiction is how it seems to be
My best days as a rhymer in the forever gone
But true to my calling i keep on rhyming on

Where i used to live before time became my foe
Claraghatlea in Duhallow many Seasons ago
I used to daydream then of literary renown
In the old rushy fields just west of Millstreet Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment