Saturday, November 2, 2013

Like Many

Like many my life journey began elsewhere
And i went to see some of the big World out there
But despite the words of the song it is not a small World after all
The World that we live in it is far from small

The World far too big in a lifetime to see
And wherever i go to my past goes with me
Most migrants are linked to the past in some way
And do share things in common it does seem fair to say

Though i have never been to great Cities like Beijing, Moscow, Paris or Rome
My travels have  taken me  far from my first home
From where i first looked on the lamp of day
Claraghatlea near Millstreet Town i live far away

The bug of the wander is in quite a few
And lures them to far places to experience to them something new
Us migrants share at least one thing in common our life's journey began elsewhere
Before seeking adventure in the  big World out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment