Monday, November 4, 2013

The Past Stays With Me

Tomorrow will dawn and yesterday has gone
And life all around me as usual goes on
A magpie  is warbling on a sunlit gum tree
A memory to cherish since the past stays with me

It is such a beautiful November day
The recently mowed town park scent sweetly of hay
And  the paddocks looking lush and green after recent Spring rain
With such pleasant weather how can one complain

A weather forecast high for the day of a pleasant twenty degrees
With only the slightest coastal southern breeze
The balmy air full of the buzzing of  nectar gathering bees
And the  contented cattle lay chewing their cuds in the shade of the trees

My worth as a rhymer i always do doubt
But in Nature for  me  plenty to rhyme about
Were i a poet of the beauty around me i would write
A poem for lovers of Nature poetry to read and enjoy and recite

On a sunlit wattle a male golden bill blackbird does sing
His  beautiful song a feature of the Spring
Tomorrow i will remember today the beauty i hear and i see
Such a memory for me to cherish since the past stays with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment