Saturday, November 30, 2013

This Is Not A Surprise

I have seen the twilight of many a day
And i have looked at life in many a way
But the more i think about life the more i have come to realize
That i know little about it this is not a surprise
For my years of life i have little in knowledge to show
This much about myself i can claim to know
Yet we learn as we live it does seem this way
And from life we do learn something new every day
But those who think they know it all one important point seem to miss
That in life one never stops learning but then suppose ignorance can be bliss
My life's journey has taken me far south of my first homeplace
Where to many today mine would be a stranger's face
And one might say in knowledge i have some way to go
Though time i realize has become my foe.

No comments:

Post a Comment