Friday, December 6, 2013

It Is True Enough

It is true enough anyone can pen rhyme
I have been doing it myself for quite a long time
And since addiction can come in many forms would you not agree
It has become a bit of an addiction with me

For many years i have been a rhyming buff
And i am one who has penned a whole heap of stuff
More than twelve thousand since nineteen seventy three
Perhaps of my addiction i will never be free

I am not a poet never pretended for to be
Since poets in the World are in a minority
But anyone who refer to himself or herself as a poet with me is okay
Though words as is said are quite easy to say

And though my worth as a rhymer i always do doubt
No shortage of  subject material for me to rhyme about
On this nice and calm early December day
The birds chirp and sing in the park by the bay

And the nearby paddocks lush and green after recent rain
With such pleasant weather how can one complain
And the rhymes keep coming to me on notebook i pen them down
An old fashioned rhymer in a coastal country town.

No comments:

Post a Comment