Saturday, January 4, 2014

In Fancy I Hear The Male Snipe

In fancy i hear the male snipe in his aerial courtship display
With wings and tail make goat like sounds on a calm night in May
Above the moonlit bogland the memories with me stay
That followed me across the World from places far away
Good memories are with us till our last night and day
They live as long as we live as the wise one does say
Above the moonlit bogland across the starlit sky
The male snipe's drumming courtship flight as in the night he fly
I first grew to love Nature when i was a young boy
And learning things about her today i do enjoy
That i know so little of her ways should not come as a surprise
Though of her we learn new things every day i have come to realize
And sometimes in my flights of fancy the male snipe i do hear
Above the moonlit bogland in the Springtime of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment