Friday, January 10, 2014

In Myself I Despise

I am down on the egotistical but what does this say of me
That i am as screwed up as the word can be
Big egos around me are all i do see
An endangered species the one of humility
In an age where most people with each other compete
Those with normal sized egos becoming harder to meet
Self promotion in the twenty first century the in thing but having this said
Success never goes to the self effacing one's head
We all need some ego in order to survive
And many as they age become less egotistical with loss of sexual drive
And the ego dies with us as we draw our life's last breath
The ego and the brain it does inhabit are lifeless in death
And on not liking the egotistical i have come to realize
That what i dislike in them in myself i despise.

No comments:

Post a Comment