Wednesday, February 26, 2014

For As Long As I Can

My rhyming ambitions have taken a fall
Though rhyming to me is no effort at all
I have been a rhymer since seventy three
Four decades in time seems a good span to me

If i told you i would  quit rhyming this would be a lie
I hope to be doing it till the day i do die
My physical best in the forever gone
But true to my calling i keep rhyming on

I do enjoy rhyming i pen rhymes every day
Old habits die hard as some are known to say
And though the years have left me looking bald, old and gray
I feel no desire to give rhyming away

It is said about poets that their kind are few
One may say to that do tell us what is new
And not many are worthy of literary note
Though many do go by the title of poet

My best years behind me and old age of me ahead
And any literary ambitions i have had are long dead
In my writing habits i am an addictive man
But i will go on rhyming for as long as i can.

No comments:

Post a Comment