Saturday, February 1, 2014

How Could I Not Love Australia

My best years behind me old age of me ahead
And eventually i too will be one of the dead
But i do feel lucky as lucky can be
To live in Australia this Land good for me

The wonderful wildlife i see every day
Words to describe them i do not have to say
The marsupials of day and the marsupials of night
In Australia the garden of Nature's delight

The birds of Australia an amazing sight
Of such beautiful colors when seen in the sunlight
How could i not love Australia with so much to see
And Nature's beauty everywhere around me

No shortage of space for to travel about
In this vast and this beautiful Land of the South
The history of it's first people is so very old
Of the Land of the gum and the wattle the green and the gold

The years telling on me i have outlived my prime
And i am becoming one more victim of time
And though i am from elsewhere i do love sunshine
And the lifestyle Down Under it does suit me fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment