Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Only In Memory

I am one from west of the Town of Millstreet from where i now live far away
From those old fields that were green on all Seasons i used to see old Clara every day
But the lust for wander for years had been in me and from there my journey southward did begin
I yearned for to see some of the big World out there suppose in life nothing venture nothing win
My friends of the past getting older like me they have known a better day
Time does take it's toll on most things it even rusts iron away
I have not seen them for many Seasons and time ever keeps ticking on
Like me the years would have left them walking slower and like me their best years would be long gone
With them i used to play football long before time became my foe
The memories remain of my younger years but that was a long time ago
The prime years they seemed to go quickly and few things do stay as the same
I was a young man of the sixties and back then had daydreams of fame
But most people do have their daydreams and time seems to tick along fast
And it is only in memory that we can hope for to return to the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment