Friday, March 28, 2014

Though I Have Seen

Though i have seen in their wild state emu, koala, wallaby and roo
I have not seen the Pyramids or been to Timbuctoo
Or see a Summer sunrise light the sky at daybreak
Above the waters of Lake Baikal the World's largest spring lake

I have heard the birds singing at the break of day
In Spring in the leafy woods of the Catskills from here far away
And in St Davids in Wales on a long gone May
I have seen the white waves roll into Lleithy bay

I have seen the snow on Mt Fugi in Japan
Though this does not mean i am a well traveled man
So much of the World that i never will see
So many have seen much more of it than me

Though some wonders of Nature i have witnessed with my eyes
From the boiling terminal springs in Rotorua i have seen the steam rise
Memories of the strong smell of sulphur in the air with me does stay
Old memories do linger as some like to say

In the high woods of Yarra Ranges  home to Kookaburra, crimson rosella, wombat and pied and gray currawong
I have heard the magpies, whipbirds, lyrebirds and gray shrike thrushes in song
Yet so much of the World that i never will see
And so many have seen far more of it than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment