Monday, April 7, 2014

I Too Could Be One Of The Millions

So many poor people who are doing it tough
Homeless on the poor streets and at night sleeping rough
In disused old factories and house ruins, on park benches and in the shelter of park trees
Often in wintery temperatures of zero degrees
In life i have been lucky to say different would be a lie
When i think of the millions of homeless people i think of how lucky am i
Of a fair go in life i have never been denied
And i do believe i have lady luck on my side
Yes i do not have any cause to complain
I do not have to sleep out in the wind and rain
To those who promote a fair go for all i do lend my voice
To live homeless and hungry is never anyone's choice
I have been lucky in life in many a way
I too could be one of the millions of homeless and hungry today.

No comments:

Post a Comment