Monday, April 21, 2014

Memories Of Birdsland

A place i would love for to visit again
Of Birdsland in South Belgrave good memories with me remain
On the paths around the lakes with my female border collie x blue heeler Jedder many Seasons ago
We often did walk before time became her foe

In Wonthaggi in South Gippsland Jedder's last remains lay
And from Birdsland i grow old many miles away
I often think of her my black and white friend
To me she was devoted until her life's end

In the Yarra Ranges a sanctuary for wildlife where many species of birds and animals abound
Birdsland in the valley with hills all around
An Eden like place with a charm of it's own
I feel privileged that such a place i have known

Two or three kilometers at most south of Belgrave Town
The hills around Birdsland do often look brown
Where Jedder and i often walked in the past
And only the memories of good times do last.

No comments:

Post a Comment