Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Best I Can Be

Though penning of rhyme is enjoyable to me
A rhymer at best is the best i can be
For many years i have been a rhyming buff
And i am one who has penned heaps of rhyming stuff

Far from a good rhymer though my rhymes are my own
I have written of people imaginary and people i know and know of and people i have known
At penning rhyme for myself i will never make a name
I remain in the shadow of those who know of fame

My kind of rhymer to be found everywhere
I have written of places locally and places i have been to in the big World out there
Of coastal and bushland and many a waterway
Like all rhymers i do pen rhymes every day

I have penned rhymes of mountains and woodlands and beauty i have seen
Of wild places and countrysides of brown and of green
Of the flora and fauna i see every day
Nature's beauty from us is never far away

At best i am a rhymer my kind are not rare
And of this i have always been very aware
Time catching up on me seven years with three score
And i just write for enjoyment that and nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment