Saturday, May 24, 2014

From Where I Now Live

From where i now live in sky miles far away
In old Claraghatlea i first saw light of day
And wherever i go to the past goes with me
We are linked to the what was in our memory

My journey in life has taken me far south
Of the home of the badger, the rook and the shy river trout
To the home of the wallaby, emu, kookaburra and roo
And the many species of crested parrots known as cockatoo

I first grew to love Nature as a young schoolboy
And learning of her ways today i enjoy
From life and nature we learn something new every day
We never stop learning it does seem this way

In the sunshine the warbling of a magpie so pleasant to hear
On such beautiful weather for the time of year
The calendar Winter just six sleeps away
It is very summery weather for May

I am from the place of jackdaw and gray crow
Where in Winter the hills are often under snow
And of there the lust of the wander has brought me far south
Where of nature and life i am learning about.

No comments:

Post a Comment