Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Rhymer From Old Claraghatlea

A rhymer from old Claraghatlea one of a dying breed
Though of my kind the Human World is surely not in need
Not considered to be poets now people of rhyme
It does seem that everything does have it's time

As is said it is easy to rhyme take for example breeze
Is a word that never does fail for to rhyme with sneeze
Yes anybody can rhyme it does seem this way
I add to my numbers of rhymes every day

Yet in my flights of fancy i can hear the rill
With a silver tongue that is never still
From it's place of birth the high field by the hill
It flows to the river to the sea with a will

The rhymes come to me in notebook i write them down
But never for money or literary renown
As a rhymer i may not be one to the fore
I just write for enjoyment and little else more

In old Claraghatlea my journey in life began
And there i lived as a boy and grew into a man
I wrote my first rhymes in nineteen seventy three
And the love of rhyme made a rhymer of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment