Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Strange Thing To Say

About me he never has one good word for to say
Though for this i see him as some sort of a friend in some strange sort of a way
My praises to others he never does sing
But this for me in a way not a bad thing

For had he heaped praise on me as if i were a great
My ego he would only help to inflate
In his harsh judgments of me he does not realize to me he is being kind
As an overinflated ego does crowd compassion out of the mind

That his negative words on me to me in some ways are helpful he does not realize
I feel sure if he did to him it would be a surprise
I have people like him to thank for keeping my ego under control
Too much praise on humility known for to take toll

Of him saying any kind thing of me i cannot recall
But for him i do not have any ill feelings at all
Since he has been helpful to me in a way
Though for me you may think this a strange thing to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment