Monday, June 23, 2014

For As Long As I Can

Cigarettes and alcohol kills the body and drugs destroy the mind
And staring at the full sun can render you as blind
If old age does not claim you some other ailment will
And even for your funeral someone else will pay the bill
We may as well live as happy since we are born to die
The same for the billionaire as for you and i
But so good to be living and healthy today
Though time has left me the worst for wear and gray
I am not looking forward to becoming one more deceased man
I just want to live for as long as i can
Time does pass so quickly seems like only yesterday
That with my young friends in the schoolyard in the lunch break ball games i did play
Though this is going back more than fifty years ago
And time that rusts iron has become my foe.

No comments:

Post a Comment