Thursday, June 19, 2014

They Are Simple Enough Rhymes

They are simple enough rhymes the rhymes i do write
Not hard to remember, memorize or recite
To the thousands i have penned i add more every day
For my own enjoyment since for me in it no monetary pay

 I care not if i never be worthy of literary note
And i never refer to myself as a poet
Since a rhymer at best is the best i can be
I penned my first rhymes in nineteen seventy three

Since then many Seasons have come and have gone
But true to my addiction i keep rhyming on
If i did not enjoy rhyming in truth i can say
Without hesitation i would give my hobby away

I penned my first rhymes at twenty seven in my physical prime
Some four decades ago this is going back in time
But this in time does seem a long while ago
And since then time all of our master has become my foe

And though my worth as a rhymer i have reason to doubt
Never any shortage of things for me to rhyme about
Of Nature and life and of people i know of and meet
The rhymes even come to me as i walk on the street

On this cloudy June day in early Winter of hardly any breeze
Of a weather temperature high of some fifteen degrees
A white backed magpie is singing on a wattle tree
His beautiful song is familiar to many and familiar to me

The urge to pen more rhymes in me does remain
And i write for enjoyment not for personal gain
If i told you that i will give rhyming away i would be telling a lie
For i hope to be doing it on the day i do die.

No comments:

Post a Comment