Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Duhallow Fellow

Though time has left me looking balder and gray
The accent i was born into is with me today
It came with me from Duhallow from here far away
Some things from our past our life time with us stay

That the now is all that does matter one has to agree
And the past is just a memory of the what used to be
The baby born yesterday is now one day old
And who knows what the future for anyone does hold

Eventually we all become victims of time
Four decades ago i was in my life's prime
But in retrospect forty years seemed to go fast
And memories are all i have left of the past

Their dreams of wealth and fame many do pursue
But dreams as we know only seldom come true
In life so many grow poorer for the wealthy few
You may say to this do tell us what is new

The lust of the wander has brought me far south
Of the home of the badger and the brown river trout
But the accent i was born into does remain with me
And a Duhallow fellow is all i can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment