Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Journey In Life

My journey in life does not lead to renown
A long way south of Claragatlea and Millstreet Town
In south west Victoria in the Autumn of my life span
Far from the place where i grew into a man

And only the memories with me does remain
Of faces and places i will not see again
Only the mental images are with me today
Of the mentors of my young years at peace they now lay

I only have memories of Seasons long gone
And without me in Duhallow life does go on
From the old fields west of Millstreet i have been so long away
But life does go on as the wise one did say

We live in the now with this i must agree
And life i must say has been quite good to me
The songs of the magpies so pleasant to hear
The birds who do sing every day of the year

My journey in life does not lead to success
And i never will live at a fashionable address
But i feel content in the home of koala and roo
And the big dark brown parrot known as the weerloo.

No comments:

Post a Comment