Saturday, August 9, 2014

Time Has Become My Foe

I feel my whole being is bereft of light
My mind it is as dark  as the darkest night
The praises of self i never can sing
Though many do see this as a good thing

The years have left me bald and old and gray
And i feel in life that i have lost my way
And surely i have known a far better day
Time does not wait as ever true to say

That we receive from life what is only our due
Is a truism that i do hold to be true
We earn from life what from life we do receive
On such i am one who does firmly believe

Though i have penned reams and reams of doggerel
Of life i do not have any success story to tell
Since i penned my first rhymes in nineteen seventy three
Writing rhymes never seems for to come hard to me

My bogey to success as ever does seem
Is i am one of a sense of low self esteem
And this never does take one to anywhere
In the competitive big World out there

Though in public a brighter side i try to show
I am one who does lack in the inner glow
Mentally down though  not yet counted out
What have i got to feel happy about?

That i may never again walk in old Millstreet Town
The very thought of it does get me down
Since my stocks in life they have never soared
A flight ticket is something that i cannot affford

Though well into my sixties and in my life's Fall
My worries compared to many do seem rather small
My better days are back in the long  ago
And time that rusts iron has become my foe.

No comments:

Post a Comment