Saturday, August 16, 2014

What Happens To My Remains

What happens to my remains when i have lived my last night and day
Since on that i do not wish to have or will not have any say
If  what is left of me in a crematorium burned to ash or put in the ground to decay
It surely will not matter to me then anyway

That i was born to die to me is obviously clear
And it is only the fear of death that i do fear
For death is the end of life's journey and a natural thing
Though the praises of the Reaper of Lives you will not hear many sing

The longest lived human life in time not a long span
Though on average a few years more for a woman than it is for a man
In retrospect it does not seem that long ago since i was in my life's prime
Though this is going back some four decades in time.

If i die tomorrow i will have had a good innings and in truth i can say
It will not matter to me then where my last remains do lay
Life has been good to me and i have no cause to complain
And i only hope the Reaper will claim the life from me quickly without any pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment