Saturday, September 6, 2014

I Am One Who

I am one who has my moments of self doubt
When i ask myself of what life is about
We live breathe and work and eventually die
Immortality for the human soul to me is a lie
I wish i could believe in a paradise in the sky
Where the souls of  good people post bodily death with wings to does fly
And since i do not believe in a god for to kneel to and pray
One might say in life that i have lost my way
And since anyone i have known who have died have not come back to me for to tell
Of the existence of an afterlife heaven or hell
And though the one known as the cynic is living in me
I envy those who believe in what they never do see
I have not been in a house of religious worship for years
Though for my lack of faith i don't shed any tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment