Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The World Out There

It is a big World the World out there
And not one can say that they have been to everywhere
And though many have seen more of it than me
To visit every village, town and city in the World is not a possibility
I cannot say in life i have been there and done that
Though far from my first home place i am growing old and fat
And compared to many well traveled people so little i can claim to have seen
Since i last see the bluebell in bloom on the ditch of the bohreen
With those who say it is a small World i cannot say i do agree
So much of it in my lifetime that i never will see
Though it has been many years since i last saw Clara above Claramore
For i do live far south of my first Homeland shore
Unlike the title of the song 'It's A Small World After All'
The World out there is not in any way small.

No comments:

Post a Comment