Saturday, November 8, 2014

Far North Of Koroit

Far north of Koroit my life's journey began
In Claraghatlea near Millstreet Town where i grew into a man
And a long way from here to Hibernia's shore
In distance by sky eighteen thousand kilometers or more

Yet in my visualizations i do see again
The Boggeraghs hills in their gray fogs of rain
In early November when the cold freshening breeze
Is blowing the last leaves off of the deciduous trees

And not hard to imagine the mildness of Spring
When the wildborn nesting songbirds do whistle and sing
And the old fields lush and green after recent mild April showers
Are looking resplendent in their Nature's flowers

And cattle out of wintering sheds on months of silage and hay
On nutritious young grass gaining weight by the day
The past in my memory has come south with me
And in my flights of fancy great beauty i do see

But the now is what matters and the past it has gone
And time keeps on passing and life does go on
And only the memories with me do remain
Of what used to be but will not be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment