Saturday, November 22, 2014

I Used To Believe

I used to believe if i prayed at Tubrid's Holy Well
That it would save me from the hot fires of hell
But i was quite young and quite naive back then
And sometimes innocent boys grow into cynical men
All religious belief i have given away
But am i any better off for this today?
Since the faith i was born into by me has been lost
And everything that we lose in life to us comes at some cost
But good memories of Tubrid with me does remain
And when i go home to Millstreet i will visit there again
Though this time it will not be to kneel at the grotto to pray
Since religion is a thing that is not with me today
But just to drink a few cups of water from Tubrid's clear spring
For anyone's health that would be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment