Saturday, December 13, 2014

A Claraghatlea Fellow

I went to see life in the big World out there
But my memories came with me they followed me to where
The dark Merri waters flow to Warrnambool
Far south of Millstreet Town where i went to school

North of Illowa where i now live in sky kilometers far away
In Claraghatlea in Millstreet i first saw light of day
In the old fields i grew to love Nature as a very young boy
And learning of her ways today i enjoy

An ageing migrant from the fields of the silver back crow
Who of life and of Nature has so much to learn and know
But from the book of living i learn every day
We never stop learning as the wise one does say

In this countryside home of the grey kangaroo
And long billed corella and the yellow tailed black cockatoo
Of Nature every day i do learn something new
Her wonders are many and her secrets not few

My link to the past is in my memory
And in my flights of fancy the brown face of Clara i see
It was lust of the wander made a migrant of me
But a Claraghatlea fellow i always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment