Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fading Mental Pictures

Fading mental pictures with me only remain
Of places and faces i may not see again
Due to restricted finances i may never return to where my life's journey began
To where i was born into life and and grew into a man
Money is quite important why otherwise pretend
And for to travel you need lots of legal tender to spend
Unless my financial status does improve here i will stay
And maybe even live out my last night and day
Perhaps today i would be a stranger to many i would meet
In Claraghatlea my first homeplace by the Town of Millstreet
Even the sense of nostalgia has faded in me
I no longer yearn for the what used to be
Yet sometimes in my flights of fancy the chaffinch does sing
On a leafy birch tree in a faraway Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment