Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Past Follows Me

I dwell far too much on the what used to be
And wherever i go to my past goes with me
With the saying of live in the now seems hard to disagree
But so much indeed for the gift of memory

Though a bit warm it is a nice February day
A freshening breeze blowing uphill through the park by the bay
The natural beauty around me a joy to behold
I waste too much time dwelling on memories of old

A weather temperature high for the day of twenty two degrees
And the balmy air full of the buzzing of flies and bees
The flute like warbling of the magpies so pleasant to hear
Earthly Utopia to this place does have to be near

Everywhere i turn to look Nature's beauty i do see
The magpie larks in the park singing pee wee
In such peaceful surrounding how can one complain
A beautiful place for to visit again

Though tomorrow today will be of the past
Beautiful scenes such as this in my memory bound to last
Since i am one who is tied to the what used to be
To wherever i go to the past follows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment