Monday, April 13, 2015

A Claraghatlea Fellow

I am what i am is all that i can be
And wherever i go to my past goes with me
Of where i was born and raised i never would lie
A Claraghatlea fellow till the day i do die

Though old Clara's brown face i have not seen for years
For what used to be i have shed my last tears
But my heritage something i never deny
Why anyone does this i do wonder why?

In my visualizations time seems to stand still
I can hear the voice of the silver tongued rill
Go babbling through Claraghatlea from Claramore
To the big waterways to the Atlantic Shore

And i can hear the male snipe on his courtship flight
Above the moonlit bog on a starry Spring night
For hours he keeps on flying above his breeding ground
As with his wings and tail he makes a goat like sound

In Claraghatlea i learned my first lessons of Nature as a boy
And learning of her ways today i enjoy
Of Nature and life we do learn every day
We never stop learning as the wise one does say

That we all came from someplace one cannot deny
To the president and the monarch this too does apply
And of where i came from i never would lie
I will be a Claraghatlea fellow till the day i do die.

No comments:

Post a Comment