Monday, April 27, 2015

A Long Way South

A long way south of Claraghatlea and Millstreet my Hometown
I have learned the road of life is a hard old road of many an uphill and down
And all i have left are the memories of what has been and gone
And like everyone else with the living of life i have to carry on

A long way south of the Town in view of Clara Hill where i attended school
In Illowa in south west Victoria near the City of Warrnambool
I always wake to the magpie's warbling song in the dawning gray
It is a different life to the one i knew that i do live today

And all we have are memories of the what used to be
Time does not wait for anyone like it did not wait for me
There are millions of people like me who began their lives journeys elsewhere
A journey that took them to different places in the bigger World out there

In Claraghatlea near Millstreet Town i grew into a man
And in Illowa i live far south of where my journey in life began
But we can only live in the now as the wise one used to say
And i wake to the magpie's warbling song at the dawn of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment